COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Before you travel
Public health and safety are Dubai’s utmost priority, and we deploy the most stringent international standards in safeguarding all our people at all times. Dubai authorities are diligently monitoring, and continuously adapting our response protocols to align with the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) so that the city can continue to successfully contain outbreak risk within our communities, for both residents and visitors.
The UAE has been extremely proactive in implementing a far-ranging series of preventative healthcare and hygiene protocols, including ramping up its hospital infrastructure and advancing testing capabilities as confirmed by its ranking as one of the world’s top country for its response to COVID-19 in terms of number of tests per million people. The daily testing average equals the four-month average in other countries.
Today’s realities have opened up infinite possibilities, to fuel new thinking and accelerate collaborative solution-building with our stakeholders. We have an opportunity to rethink, reimagine, and reshape our industry like never before, and how we choose to respond, evolve and innovate together will set us on the path to pioneer the new normal for the future of global tourism.
Dubai continues to deploy technologically integrated advanced safety controls, to prevent, monitor, detect, and ring-fence any incidences within the tourism ecosystem, coupled with stringent operational guidelines across every touchpoint from our airports, in-city transport and hotels, to restaurants, retail, and leisure and entertainment facilities. We appreciate the trust that millions from around the globe have placed in us by including Dubai in their must-visit destination list each year, and want to assure our guests of Dubai’s operational readiness and systemic resilience to ensure their well-being, when it is deemed safe for them to visit. For more information on travel advisory, please be sure to check the following sources.
- • Dubai Airport website for schedules and latest visa information
- • Your airline provider for flight status updates
- • For Emirates Airlines, please check here for travel updates or find support and guidance here
- • Please check your visa requirements under https://gdrfad.gov.ae/en/form/contact-us
- • Your country’s travel advisory for latest guidance on outbound trips
For precautionary measures to keep you and those around you safe, visit the following websites or Twitter handles
- • WHO
- • Dubai Health Authority website; follow on Twitter @dha_dubai
- • Ministry of Health and Prevention website; follow on Twitter @mohapuae
For more information about the measures that are taken in Dubai, please check the following sources:
- • Visit the Emirates News Agency’s (WAM’s) Coronavirus update page for the latest information
- • Dubai Media Office website
- • Department of Economic Development – Instagram Dubai_DED and Twitter @Dubai_DED
- • Dubai Municipality – Instagram @dubaimunicipality and Twitter @DMunicipality
Should you require any further information please contact Ammaar Murtaza at +971 4 380 5556 or email at email@example.com.