COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Before you travel
Public health and safety are Dubai’s utmost priority, and we deploy the most stringent international standards in safeguarding all our people at all times. Dubai authorities are diligently monitoring, and continuously adapting our response protocols to align with the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) so that the city can continue to successfully contain outbreak risk within our communities, for both residents and visitors.
The UAE has been extremely proactive in implementing a far-ranging series of preventative healthcare and hygiene protocols, including ramping up its hospital infrastructure and advancing testing capabilities as confirmed by its ranking as one of the world’s top country for its response to COVID-19 in terms of number of tests per million people. The daily testing average equals the four-month average in other countries.
Today’s realities have opened up infinite possibilities, to fuel new thinking and accelerate collaborative solution-building with our stakeholders. We have an opportunity to rethink, reimagine, and reshape our industry like never before, and how we choose to respond, evolve and innovate together will set us on the path to pioneer the new normal for the future of global tourism.
Dubai continues to deploy technologically integrated advanced safety controls, to prevent, monitor, detect, and ring-fence any incidences within the tourism ecosystem, coupled with stringent operational guidelines across every touchpoint from our airports, in-city transport and hotels, to restaurants, retail, and leisure and entertainment facilities. We appreciate the trust that millions from around the globe have placed in us by including Dubai in their must-visit destination list each year, and want to assure our guests of Dubai’s operational readiness and systemic resilience to ensure their well-being, when it is deemed safe for them to visit. For more information on travel advisory, please be sure to check the following sources.
- • Dubai Airport website for schedules and latest visa information
- • Your airline provider for flight status updates
- • For Emirates Airlines, please check here for travel updates or find support and guidance here
- • Please check your visa requirements under https://gdrfad.gov.ae/en/form/contact-us
- • Your country’s travel advisory for latest guidance on outbound trips
For precautionary measures to keep you and those around you safe, visit the following websites or Twitter handles
- • WHO
- • Dubai Health Authority website; follow on Twitter @dha_dubai
- • Ministry of Health and Prevention website; follow on Twitter @mohapuae
For more information about the measures that are taken in Dubai, please check the following sources:
- • Visit the Emirates News Agency’s (WAM’s) Coronavirus update page for the latest information
- • Dubai Media Office website
- • Department of Economic Development – Instagram Dubai_DED and Twitter @Dubai_DED
- • Dubai Municipality – Instagram @dubaimunicipality and Twitter @DMunicipality
When you arrive to the conference venue
Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) strictly adheres to all rules and regulations laid out by government authorities, including Dubai Health Authority and Dubai Municipality to ensure the health and safety of everyone on our premises.
DWTC is certified with the prestigious Bureau Veritas SafeGuard Label, which attests to its compliance with the highest hygiene standards. Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services has developed detailed checklists with global health, safety and hygiene specialists to ensure safe procedures are in place for the resumption of business operations in line with local and international regulations, as well as recognised best practices. Detailed audits are carried out to ensure that safety measures are implemented across the venue efficiently, with the SafeGuard label awarded only when all of their stringent requirements are met.
TICKETING / REGISTRATION PROCESS
- • Online pre-registration is required for contact tracing purposes.
- • Over-the-counter registration is not possible at this time.
- • In case a helpdesk or a ticket sales area is required onsite, compliance to social distancing norms for queuing with 2m floor markers will be followed.
- • Automated ticket dispensation will be implemented, where applicable
VENUE ACCESS AND PARKING
We encourage you to arrive at the venue earlier than usual, to allow more time for enhanced safety checks.
- • Free parking is available at Trade Centre Multi-Storey Car Park from 8 am onwards on 23rd November 2021
- • Taxi, Uber and Careem drop-off points are available at both Exhibition Gate and Convention Gate. The World Trade Centre Metro Station is only a 5 minute walk from the venue
- • Sanitisation of frequently touched parking areas like payment machines and attendant booths is thoroughly carried out
- • Social distancing stickers are placed in all elevators and walkways
ARRIVAL AT THE VENUE
- • All visitors will be screened via contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue through designated entrances
- • If a visitor is identified with high temperature, the individual may be requested to wait for 2-5 minutes for the body temperature to cool down, after which a follow-up temperature check will be done
- • If high temperature is still indicated, the individual will be directed to an isolation room and the Emergency Medical Services Team (EMS) will be contacted for further action in compliance with Dubai Health Authority procedures
DURING THE EVENT
- • Please follow the clearly marked and separate entry and exit points
- • Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times including inside the halls, gloves are optional
- • Please keep social distancing when greeting and refrain from exchanging business cards
- • Barcode or QR codes will be digitally scanned to allow entry where applicable
- • Regular handwashing is recommended. Alternatively, please sanitise your hands frequently using the sanitisers provided across the venue
- • Please keep a social distance of 2 metres at all times. When queuing, please stand on the floor stickers to ensure minimum distance. Our event seating capacities have also been adjusted to accommodate this social distance
- • Electronic version of the conference catalogue will be available as paper-based materials are not recommended at this time.
- • During the coffee breaks and lunch, guests to be in line and maintain social distance until they are served. Service staff with full PPE will be behind the counters to serve and assist the guests. Guests cannot help themselves and should be behind the rope and pole and ask the service staff to serve them.
- • No physical fan/audience interaction is allowed during live events
- • During Question & Answer session, there will be free standing mics in the hall. Delegate who wants to raise question to the panelists, should go to the mic and ask the question. Touching of the mic or stand is not allowed. Distance should be maintained from the mic while asking question
DEPARTURE FROM THE VENUE
- • Please follow the clearly marked, dedicated exits when leaving
- • Signage is located at taxi ranks outlining the venue’s safety regulations. Additional traffic marshals may also be positioned to ensure safe distancing, when needed
For More info, please visit DWTC website: https://www.dwtc.com/en
Should you require any further information please contact Ammaar Murtaza at +971 4 380 5556 or email at email@example.com.